Celebrating 70 years
On Thursday 24th May St. Michaels branch of the Mothers Union celebrated 70 years since they were set up. The group celebrated with a lunch in the Parish Centre followed by the cutting of a celebratory cake. The group were joined by guest of honour Wendy Sykes, the Archdeaconry President for Macclesfield.
The Mothers Union was set up to: To demonstrate the Christian faith in action by the transformation of communities worldwide through the nurture of the family in its many forms. The do this through their mission aims which are:
- To promote and support married life
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity
The Mothers Union at St. Michael’s meets monthly on a Thursday afternoon with membership being open to anyone interested in making a difference.