Everyone at St Michael and All Angels Parish Church takes its duty and obligation to protect all extremely seriously. The PCC will approve a new safeguarding policy at its meeting on the 2nd April which states:
The care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults† involved in Church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. Everyone who participates in the life of the Church has a role to play in promoting a Safer Church for all.
You can download a copy of this policy here (will be uploaded following the meeting). Within the policy we affirm 6 commitments to safeguarding. There are:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
You can find out more about the national policies and procedures at www.churchofengland.org/safeguarding.
If you have any safeguarding concerns or issues of a safeguarding matter then you can find useful contact information at www.chester.anglican.org/social-responsibility/safeguarding”
Displayed in multiple places around our church site is a notice outlining who to contact if you are a victim of abuse or are concerned about a situation in which abuse might be taking place. We urge you to make contact with the relevant people listed on this poster immediately. You can view the notice HERE